“The Mauritanian Writer’s Set Sweepstakes”
OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
This Sweepstakes (defined below) in support of the home entertainment release of the motion picture The Mauritanian (the “Release”) is intended for viewing and participation in United States of America only and shall be evaluated and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. This Sweepstakes is restricted to entrants who are legal residents of the Eligibility Area (defined below) and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entering the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To enter the “The Mauritanian Writer’s Set Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”), go to http://uni.pictures/Mauritanian_Sweeps (“Website”) during the Promotion Period (defined below) and follow the prompts to complete the official entry form that must include: your name and email address, then press “Submit” to be electronically entered. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”)/3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on May 11, 2021 and ends at 8:59 PM PST/11:59 PM EST on May 23, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). You may enter the Sweepstakes multiple times during the Promotion Period; however, (i) you may only enter the Sweepstakes once daily (i.e., once every twenty-four (24) hours) during that time, and (ii) there is a limit of one (1) Prize (as defined in Section 2) per entrant. Mass produced entries will invalidate all entries. Mail-in entries not accepted. Free internet access is available at many public libraries and schools and free e-mail accounts are available through a variety of providers. Otherwise, a service contract with a cellular telephone or wireless Internet or airtime provider may be required. In order to submit an entry for this Sweepstakes, you may be using data program time and you may be charged in accordance with your mobile services or wireless Internet contract. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
2. Five (5) prize packs (each, a “Prize”) are available to be awarded as part of the Sweepstakes: Each Prize consists of a Release-branded box containing the following Release-themed and/or Release-branded items: (i) one (1) pair of light up Bluetooth earbuds; (ii) one (1) Vienna wireless charging writing pad (NOTE: this charging pad may not support all mobile devices); (iii) one (1) ellevenTM Traverse Ballpoint Pen with Stylus (should work with most devices); (iv) one (1) 1 oz. bottle of glass/lens cleaner; (v) one (1) ProBuffTM Gift Set (contains a custom screen cleaning cloth with spray bottle cleaner); (vi) one (1) lined, essential bound journal; (vii) Nomad Treasure’s Moroccan Tea Glasses/Coffee set (2 glasses in a set); (viii) one (1) tin of Harney & Sons Moroccan Mint-flavored Loose Leaf Tea (4 oz); (ix) one box of Harney & Sons African Autumn Herbal Tea (Caffeine Free); (x) one (1) paperback copy of the novel, “Guantánamo Diary”; and (xi) one (1) The Mauritanian Blu-Ray™ + DVD + Digital Code combo pack, an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $149.00. Each Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if a designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules only. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. Each Prize includes delivery to one (1) U.S.A. address only, as supplied by selected winner. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prizes will be the sole responsibility of selected winner. By accepting a Prize, each winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw/selection, and therefore, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, image, picture, biographical information, statements, voice, and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes and/or the Release in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice. Winners may be additionally required to execute and return, within seven (7) days of Prize notification, an affidavit of eligibility and/or release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law). Each Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and there are sufficient qualified entries received. In the event of forfeiture by any previously selected winner(s), Sponsor shall, in its sole discretion, attempt to award a Prize to an alternate winner. Return of any Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize and selection of an alternate winner. Failure to comply with any requirement of these Official Rules may also result in forfeiture of Prize and selection of an alternate winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to legal U.S.A. residents who: (i) reside within the fifty (50) United States of America and District of Columbia (NOT Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories) (the “Eligibility Area”), (ii) enter from within the U.S.A., and (iii) have reached the age of 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, this Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, Prize providers, advertising, public relations, and promotional agencies, as well as members of the immediate families (parent, grandparent, child, sibling, step-sibling, spouse, and in-laws) and households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in or win a Prize in the Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. A random drawing will be conducted on or about May 24, 2021, and will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes. Each potential Prize winner will be notified of winning on or about June 7, 2021 (if not earlier) by email. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may, but is not obligated to, attempt to contact alternate potential winners of such Prize in accordance with the above-procedure; if no such alternative potential Prize winner can be reached, the Prize in question may go un-awarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to any Prize.
6. CHOICE OF LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal and state courts of the State of California, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (not to exceed USD $50.00), including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION, OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES.
7. Releasees shall not be liable to the winner or any other person for any delay and/or failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, Internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an e-mail address, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Universal Pictures Home Entertainment LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, Building 1440/6, Universal City, CA 91608.
12. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after June 21, 2021), you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 20, 2021 with “The Mauritanian Writer’s Set Sweepstakes” in the “subject” field.
© 2021 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Start: May 12, 2021 @ 12:00 am (US/Central)
End: May 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm (US/Central)