“A YEAR OF MOVIES Sweepstakes” OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
This Sweepstakes (defined below) in support of promoting films from Sponsor’s (defined below) catalog on home entertainment media formats, (collectively, the “Releases”) is intended for viewing and participation in the United States of America only and shall be evaluated and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. This Sweepstakes is restricted to entrants who are legal residents of the Eligibility Area (defined below) and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entering the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”)/3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on May 11, 2021 until at 8:59 PM PST/11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the “A Year of Movies Sweepstakes,” (the “Sweepstakes”), in either or any of the following ways depending on whether you are currently a member of the Universal All-Access Rewards Program (the “Rewards Program”): (i) you may go to http://uni.pictures/AYearof Movies (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period and follow the prompts to complete the official entry form that must include: your name, email address, and date of birth, then press “Submit” to be electronically entered after the “Privacy Review” and “Verification” prompts; and/or (ii) you may enter through the Sweepstakes’ Facebook lead ad where you must complete the entry form that includes your name and email address, and then press “Submit” after the “Privacy Review” prompt. In addition to the foregoing methods, current Rewards Program members may enter online directly through the Rewards Program’s website at http://myuniversalrewards.com/contests/AYearofMoviesSweeps. NOTE: All entries will be treated equally regardless of entry method and being a current Rewards Program member will not increase your chances of winning. For current Rewards Program members, in accordance with the Terms & Conditions for the Universal All-Access Rewards Program, you may have only one (1) account through which you may enter the Sweepstakes. Any entries through multiple accounts will be invalidated and ineligible for the Prize. For non-Rewards Program members, you may enter through only one (1) email account per person. Any entries through multiple email accounts for the same person will be invalidated and ineligible for the Prize. You may enter the Sweepstakes multiple times during the Promotion Period; however, (i) you may only enter the Sweepstakes once daily (i.e., once every twenty-four (24) hours) during that time, and (ii) there is a limit of one (1) Prize (as defined in Section 2) per entrant. Mass produced entries will invalidate all entries. Mail-in entries not accepted. In order to access the Website and/or enter through Facebook, and in an effort to optimize website user experience, ad blocking software on your computer and/or mobile device needs to be disabled. Free internet access is available at many public libraries and schools and free e-mail accounts are available through a variety of providers. Otherwise, a service contract with a cellular telephone or wireless Internet or airtime provider may be required. In order to submit an entry for this Sweepstakes, you may be using data program time and you may be charged in accordance with your mobile services or wireless Internet contract. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
2. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) is available to be awarded as part of the Sweepstakes. The Prize is a digital code redeemable on Movies Anywhere, to redeem your choice of Fifty-Two (52) movies on digital format only from approximately 1,500 of Sponsor’s catalog of films, an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $520.00. NOTE: A registered account for Movies Anywhere is required for redemption of the Prize. The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if a designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules only. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. Each Prize includes delivery to one (1) U.S.A. address only, as supplied by selected winner. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prizes will be the sole responsibility of selected winner. By accepting a Prize, each winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw/selection, and therefore, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, image, picture, biographical information, statements, voice, and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes and/or the Release in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice. Winners may be additionally required to execute and return, within seven (7) days of Prize notification, an IRS form, if applicable, along with an affidavit of eligibility and/or release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law). Each Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and there are sufficient qualified entries received. In the event of forfeiture by any previously selected winner(s), Sponsor shall, in its sole discretion, attempt to award a Prize to an alternate winner. Return of any Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize and selection of an alternate winner. Failure to comply with any requirement of these Official Rules may also result in forfeiture of Prize and selection of an alternate winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to legal USA residents who: (i) reside within the fifty (50) United States of America and District of Columbia (the “Eligibility Area”), (ii) enter from within the U.S.A., and (iii) have reached the age of 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, this Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, Prize providers, advertising, public relations, and promotional agencies, as well as members of the immediate families (parent, grandparent, child, sibling, step-sibling, spouse, and in-laws) and households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in or win a Prize in the Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. A random drawing will be conducted on or about July 1, 2021, and will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes. Each potential Prize winner will be notified of winning on or about July 15, 2021 by email. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may, but is not obligated to, attempt to contact up to three (3) alternate potential winners of such Prize in accordance with the above-procedure; if no such alternative potential Prize winner can be reached, the Prize in question may go un-awarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to any Prize.
6. CHOICE OF LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal and state courts of the State of California, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (not to exceed USD $50.00), including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION, OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES.
7. Releasees shall not be liable to the winner or any other person for any delay and/or failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, Internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an e-mail address, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Universal Pictures Home Entertainment LLC, 100 Universal City Plaza, Building 1440/6, Universal City, CA 91608.
12. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after July 30, 2021), email firstname.lastname@example.org with “A Year of Movies Sweepstakes” in the “Subject” field no later August 31, 2021.
© 2021 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Start: May 11, 2021 @ 01:00 am (US/Pacific)
End: June 30, 2021 @ 09:00 pm (US/Pacific)
Wanna be able to watch a different movie each week for a year? We're giving away a set of 52 digital movies to own so you could do just that! The winner will pick what they want from a selection of over 1,500 of our movies.